This week it’s all about recipes. We are featuring recipes that will leave you feeling full, satisfied and energized throughout your day. Today, breakfast is our featured meal of the day!
Breakfast is important because it reduces the hunger that might occur later in the day. If you skip breakfast, you’re more likely to overeat and make poor food choices (like getting a snack from the vending machine). Below are two delicious and healthy breakfast recipes that will help you start your morning off right.
Hearty Buckwheat and Banana Cereal
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 sm banana
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp walnut
- Step 1: Place buckwheat, soymilk, cinnamon, nutmeg and banana into a medium saucepan.
- Step 2: Stir frequently, while bringing mixture to a boil.
- Step 3: Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Step 4: Simmer for 20 minutes, until the buckwheat is tender.
- Step 5: Top with ground flaxseeds and chopped walnuts.
- Step 6: Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 spear asparagus
- 3 egg whites
- 2 small mushrooms
- 1 cup onion
- Step 1: Chop onions, mushrooms and asparagus.
- Step 2: Using a small saute pan, saute vegetables in olive oil until tender.
- Step 3: Add egg whites to pan.
- Step 4: Continue to cook on low heat until eggs are well cooked.
- Step 5: Enjoy!
Check back tomorrow for some delicious lunch ideas!
*Recipes Courtesy of Lifestyle Innovations
Posted in Delicious Recipes
Tagged breakfast, breakfast recipes, eating, healthy benefits of oatmeal, healthy breakfast, healthy food, healthy recipes, inevo, inevo contouring, lose belly fat, recipes
You’ve told yourself that you’re committed to losing that stubborn belly fat. Well, first give yourself credit – recognizing that you want to make a change in the way you look and feel is the first step in changing the way you look and feel, but now that you’ve taken that first step, where do you begin? Well, it’s important to look at what you are eating and make healthy substitutions to encourage fat loss, while leaving you feeling full and satisfied.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It boosts your metabolism, and if you choose the right foods, breakfast will leave you feeling fuller and energized throughout the day. However, some people don’t have time to cook a full course breakfast, so what’s a quick and healthy solution?
- Enjoy Oatmeal: Oatmeal is high in fiber, low in fat, and stabilizes blood sugar. This fast and fulfilling breakfast will energize you throughout the day, but beware of sugary flavored varieties. Instead, stick to an original flavor and add in some delicious berries or a dash of cinnamon for added flavor and health benefits.
- Avoid Sugary Cereals: When you think of sugary cereals are you imagining Lucky Charms, Reese’s Puffs or Cocoa Krispies? Well, what if I told you that Kellogg’s Raisin Bran has more sugar than all of the above? Don’t believe me, well it’s true. Some other offenders that you need to beware of are: Kellogg’s Smart Start Original Antioxidants and General Mills Chex Multi-Bran. All three of these cereals contain more than 13 grams of sugar.
You may think that in order to lose weight you need to cut back on calories and ignore those hunger pangs. Wrong! Eating small snacks throughout the day boosts your metabolism, and you’re less likely to overeat during dinner.
- Enjoy Almonds: Almonds have amazing health benefits packed into each little nut. They help reduce cholesterol, stabilize blood sugar and are an excellent source of calcium. Almonds are a healthy and delicious snack that you should incorporate into your everyday diet. Stick to 24 almonds a day to satisfy your belly without overloading on calories.
- Avoid Salted Peanuts: Now don’t get confused. We just told you how great almonds are, so you might be wondering why peanuts (another nut variety) is something you should avoid, right? What we don’t like about salted peanuts is they are loaded with sodium, which can raise your blood pressure. So if it’s a peanut you crave, reach for the roasted, unsalted kind.
Ah, the age-old question: “What’s for dinner?” Eating delicious dinners that the whole family can enjoy, while watching your waistline, can be a challenge, but it’s not impossible. Just remember to make healthy substitutions for the dishes you already love – whole grain pasta and turkey burgers are some healthier choices.
- Enjoy Grilled Fish Tacos: Who doesn’t love fish tacos? Instead of battered and fried fish, try grilling it! Add in some spices and a healthy, delicious avocado and mango salsa and some rice on the side, and you have yourself a tasty meal that the whole family will love!
- Avoid Chicken Quesadillas: If you are really craving a quesadilla, we suggest a “do it yourself” variety that is light on cheese and sour cream. Restaurants try to pack in as many ingredients as they can, for example Chili’s Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadilla combines: cheese, ranch dressing, bacon and chicken for a heart-stopping 1,650 calories, 107 grams of fat and 3,450 milligrams of sodium.
Have we made you hungry talking about food? Well, if you would like to try something new, check back next week for some delicious recipes, including those grilled fish tacos!