So Thanksgiving is literally just around the corner, and while the holidays are a great time to enjoy good food with family, you still might be wondering what are the healthiest options when it comes to Thanksgiving dinner.
INEVO has compiled a list of foods you can enjoy and foods to avoid, but we want to say this, if there is something you really want to enjoy Thanksgiving day, then allow yourself to splurge. Everyone deserves it, but just remember, everything in moderation! Enjoy and have a very happy Thanksgiving!
Enjoy: “White” meat turkey; Avoid: “Dark” meat turkey
- 3 ounces of “white” turkey breast will save you around 50 calories and 4 grams of fat from its darker counterpart. The white meat turkey has around 115 calories and 7 grams of fat, while the dark meat has around 160 calories and 11 grams of fat.
Enjoy: Green bean casserole; Avoid: Sweet potato casserole
- Traditional green bean casserole, including the creamy mushroom soup and crispy fried onions is around 161 calories and 9 grams of fat for every 3/4 of a cup, which is a lighter side than sweet potato casserole that has around 285 calories and 5 grams of fat for every 3/4 of a cup. If you can’t say no to the sweet potato casserole, don’t feel too bad. It is still full of good nutrients including beta carotene and vitamin A.
Enjoy: Pumpkin pie; Avoid: Apple pie
- Pumpkin pie is the better choice with 216 calories and 14 grams of fat per slice (around 1/8 of a 9 inch pie). Apple pie, on the other hand, has 411 calories and 19 grams of fat for the same-size slice.
* Learn more by visiting: Shine from YAHOO!
Posted in Enjoy or Avoid
Tagged body contouring, Diet, Diet and Exercise, dinner ideas, dinner recipes, eat this not that, fall recipes, healthy dinners, healthy eating, healthy fall recipes, healthy food, healthy recipes, healthy thanksgiving foods, inevo, inevo contouring, LipoLaser, LipoLaser Pittsburgh, Nutrition, thanksgiving, thanksgiving dinner, thanksgiving foods
Fall is officially here, which means it is a perfect time to try some hearty and delicious recipes. However, we also want to find recipes that use foods to support a flat belly. Below are two great fall recipes that do just that!
Apples are wonderful this time of year. Apples support heart health, and research has shown that when you snack on an apple before lunch, you’ll eat less and feel fuller longer, which are great reasons to incorporate apples into your diet! Below are two easy and delicious apple recipes for you to try!
Looking for a change to the standard PB&J? Want a healthy and delicious snack that you can you’re kids will love? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Apple Stackers: What You’ll Need
- 1 medium sized apple of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/8 cup of salted pumpkin seeds
- Thoroughly wash the apple
- Turn it on its side so the core is parallel with your cutting board and cut it into four slices (leave skin on)
- Cut each apple slice in half and discard core and seeds
- Spread a half tablespoon of peanut butter on four slices
- Sprinkle each with pumpkin seeds
- Place the other four slices on top to make “stackers”
Are you looking for a new spin on the usual salad? Then try an apple gorgonzola salad for dinner tonight!
Apple Gorgonzola Salad: What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 large Red Delicious apples
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Wash and slice the two large apples
- Combine the maple syrup, vegetable oil, lime juice, salt and black pepper together
- Stir mixture well with a whisk
- Combine greens and apple slices in a large bowl
- Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat
- Sprinkle salad with gorgonzola cheese and pecans
Recipes courtesy of FitSugar.com & Health.com
Posted in Delicious Recipes
Tagged apple recipes, belly fat, Diet, dinner ideas, dinner recipes, fall recipes, flat and toned tummy, flat belly foods, flat belly recipes, healthy apple recipes, healthy dinners, healthy eating, healthy fall recipes, healthy food, healthy lunchtime recipes, inevo, inevo contouring, LipoLaser Pittsburgh, lose belly fat, recipes, salad recipes