Fall is officially here, which means it is a perfect time to try some hearty and delicious recipes. However, we also want to find recipes that use foods to support a flat belly. Below are two great fall recipes that do just that!
Apples are wonderful this time of year. Apples support heart health, and research has shown that when you snack on an apple before lunch, you’ll eat less and feel fuller longer, which are great reasons to incorporate apples into your diet! Below are two easy and delicious apple recipes for you to try!
Looking for a change to the standard PB&J? Want a healthy and delicious snack that you can you’re kids will love? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Apple Stackers: What You’ll Need
- 1 medium sized apple of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/8 cup of salted pumpkin seeds
- Thoroughly wash the apple
- Turn it on its side so the core is parallel with your cutting board and cut it into four slices (leave skin on)
- Cut each apple slice in half and discard core and seeds
- Spread a half tablespoon of peanut butter on four slices
- Sprinkle each with pumpkin seeds
- Place the other four slices on top to make “stackers”
Are you looking for a new spin on the usual salad? Then try an apple gorgonzola salad for dinner tonight!
Apple Gorgonzola Salad: What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 large Red Delicious apples
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Wash and slice the two large apples
- Combine the maple syrup, vegetable oil, lime juice, salt and black pepper together
- Stir mixture well with a whisk
- Combine greens and apple slices in a large bowl
- Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat
- Sprinkle salad with gorgonzola cheese and pecans
Recipes courtesy of FitSugar.com & Health.com