Dinnertime is a great way to enjoy a delicious meal with your family and spend some quality time together. Below are two healthy and delicious dinner recipes that the whole family can enjoy!
Grilled Fish Tacos
What You’ll Need:
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and black pepper
- Canola oil
- 2 large mahi-mahi fillets (1 1/2 lbs total)
- 1 Tbsp blackening spice
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- Step 1: Mix the mango, avocado, onion, and the juice of one lime in a bowl.
- Step 2: Season with cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Step 3: Heat a grill or stovetop grill pan until hot. Drizzle a light coating of oil over the fish and rub on the blackening spice.
- Step 4: Cook the fish, undisturbed, for four minutes. Carefully flip with a spatula and cook for another four minutes. Remove.
- Step 5: Warm the tortillas on the grill for one to two minutes or wrap in damp paper towels and microwave for one minute until warm and pliable.
- Step 6: Break the fish into chunks and divide among the warm tortillas.
- Step 7: Top with the cabbage and the mango salsa.
- Step 8: Serve with the lime wedges and enjoy!
Spicy Turkey Stir Fry
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tbsp wheat free soy sauce
- 1 med red bell pepper
- 1 light spray cooking oil spray
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup water chestnut
- 4 cup bok choy
- 8 oz turkey breast
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 400° F. Cook turkey breast until juices run clear and there is no pink in the center.
- Step 2: Cut the cooked turkey breast into bite size strips.
- Step 3: Cut the red pepper into thin strips.
- Step 4: To make the sauce, combine the soy sauce, water, and cornstarch and whisk. Set aside.
- Step 5: Heat a wok or large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Step 6: Stir fry the bok choy, sweet pepper, and jalapeno pepper for 2 to 3 minutes or until peppers are crisp tender.
- Step 7: Remove vegetables from wok/skillet.
- Step 8: Add the turkey strips to the wok and stir fry for about 2 minutes, until the meat is heated through. Push turkey aside from the center.
- Step 9: Stir sauce mixture and add to center of wok.
- Step 10: Cook and stir until thick and bubbling.
- Step 11: Return vegetables to the wok and add water chestnuts.
- Step 12: Stir to coat all ingredients.
- Step 13: Cook about 1 minute or until heated.
- Step 14: Spoon turkey mixture over hot rice and enjoy!
Next week, Dr. Dubyak, of Peak Performance Chiropractic and Nutrition Center, will be discussing the revolutionary LipoLaser, and how it can help remove stubborn areas of fat and melt away the inches! You won’t want to miss it!
Recipes courtesy of “Eat this, Not that” and Lifestyle Innovations