This week it’s all about recipes. We are featuring recipes that will leave you feeling full, satisfied and energized throughout your day. Today, breakfast is our featured meal of the day!
Breakfast is important because it reduces the hunger that might occur later in the day. If you skip breakfast, you’re more likely to overeat and make poor food choices (like getting a snack from the vending machine). Below are two delicious and healthy breakfast recipes that will help you start your morning off right.
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 sm banana
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp walnut
- Step 1: Place buckwheat, soymilk, cinnamon, nutmeg and banana into a medium saucepan.
- Step 2: Stir frequently, while bringing mixture to a boil.
- Step 3: Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Step 4: Simmer for 20 minutes, until the buckwheat is tender.
- Step 5: Top with ground flaxseeds and chopped walnuts.
- Step 6: Enjoy!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 spear asparagus
- 3 egg whites
- 2 small mushrooms
- 1 cup onion
- Step 1: Chop onions, mushrooms and asparagus.
- Step 2: Using a small saute pan, saute vegetables in olive oil until tender.
- Step 3: Add egg whites to pan.
- Step 4: Continue to cook on low heat until eggs are well cooked.
- Step 5: Enjoy!
Check back tomorrow for some delicious lunch ideas!
*Recipes Courtesy of Lifestyle Innovations